Creature asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 weeks ago

What kind of shampoo is good for oily hair?

I take a shower every day. I have to. If I don’t my hair looks absolutely gross. I’d say within six hours after my shower it looks like I didn’t take a shower at all. My hair is so oily. I looked online at different types of shampoos. I have been using suave shampoo because it’s the only thing That seems to take the excess oil’s off of my hair. But as I said it doesn’t seem to last very long. What types of shampoos could I use to keep my hair from being oily all day?

use pantinee, tresmee, biotin shampoo

• drip

You shower and wash your hair everyday. You don’t need a shampoo that will dry you out. Suave is a cheap shampoo, I never liked it.it helped the oil, but did damage to my hair.   A good shampoo is better for your hair and scalp. 

I have very oily hair as a teen and into my thirties.  On fridays I would wash it before going off to school, then again if I had a date that night.  You just need to wash it everyday,  nothing else works. 

You need a good gentle shampoo. And don’t use a conditioner. Rinsing with cool water helps. Don’t use hot water. So shampoo at the end of your shower. 

Try finding sample or travel sized shampoos to try out. Also changing your shampoo each month and help, then after six months  circle around to what your first used again.

Memmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrmrr

If you are consistantly using shampoos to remove oil, you might be your own worst enemy. Removing natural oils can encourage your skin to produce more to combat dry hair.

One other thing that might be happening is you may be using too much conditioner or not rinsing your hair well enough after shampoo and conditioning.

the general rule of thumb is to rinse twice as long as you shampoo so if you are scrubbing for a minute, rinse for 2 minutes.

To combat oiliness from conditioner, only put the conditioner on the ends of your hair not your scalp. And also rinse very well after leaving it in for a couple minutes. Rinsing out excess shampoo and conditioner is often key to hair issues like yours.

• Nunya

My father has that too. He showers with dish soap, I kid you not.

I've used Selsun Blue and Head & Shoulders.