Tamagotchi - Circuit Board Issues?

Hello,

I found my old tamagotchi V3 and decided to pop a new battery in to get it going. At first, everything loaded fine and then about 10 seconds later, the screen would start to disappear and go completely blank.

I changed the battery again and still no luck. Thinking it might have been water damaged, I also put it in rice for a while. No luck.

I opened it and you can see front and back but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe someone else can tell if something is wrong?

(Ps. The only thing is that the speaker connections broke off but that doesn't affect anything prior.)

Please let me know if this has happened to you and how to fix! Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

That's most likely a problem with the LCD drive circuits or connections.

That style of board-to-glass connection (zebra rubber) is notorious for being difficult to ge to reconnect properly after being disassembled.

Try scrubbing the lines of gold contacts with a bit of folded up plain paper to remove any tarnish.

Other than that, try putting the bits in a plastic bag to keep them clean and put it somewhere warm for a few ways to see if the rubber will relax slightly and put more pressure on the contacts when it is re-assembled.