Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 2 weeks ago

Do YouTube's soon to be implemented COPPA laws apply to non-profit videos/channels?

I've been a small YouTuber since 2012. I've never made a cent off the platform. Do I need to worry about whether my videos are made for kids or not or am I safe and don't need to worry.

I've heard that I should be safe, but the way YouTube is prompting me to select whether I make content for kids or not is really giving me mixed signals.

From what I've seen, it applies to everyone.

• ioerr

just go to the settings page they point you to and check one of the options there: 1) your videos are for kids, 2) your videos are not for kids, or 3) you'll flag each video individually, either as being for kids or not for kids

i just told them none of my videos are for kids.  should be fine.  what could possibly go wrong eh

• ioerr

yeah, on the whole, i'm thinking maybe it would be better for me to tag all my crap as directed at kids, not the other way around.  i've never made a dime off this stuff anyway, it's just a hobby.  or just delete the whole account and call it a day.  i'll have to think about that, thanks