Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

How can she get a paypal card?

My sister is unemployed, so there's no money coming in but she is rising on YouTube and her art pages and people want to pay her for her artwork and content. But she says they cant because she doesn't have a bank account or anything. I believe she can get paid if she gets a card from paypal but how does she do that? And how will it work? Does she have to continuously pay fees? Is there an upfront charge or any way she wouldn't be accepted for a card? She's never had a bank account or a job and while she's very talented, her IQ is 70. So she needs to know every detail of how to do these things. Please help?

u do not need to be employed to open a bank account. any resident of the country can open a bank account. where does she get her unemployment put on? if she is going to get income from youtube she will have to report it as income

• She doesn't get unemployment. I'm realizing maybe my wording caused some misunderstandings. I just meant that she is unemployed. She doesnt have any income and lives with my parents because she's special needs. She's never had income of any sort other than odd jobs like her art and babysitting.

She can get a bank account. She may want or need a custodian/trustee such as you to help her with the finances.

this is 2019, there is NO reason not to have a bank account. Where does she get her unemployment money paid into ?

• She doesn't get unemployment money. She's just living with my parents and making no income. She is special needs and the story is long.

she needs to contact paypal about it

she needs to contact paypal about it

Ur sister must be a complete liar in that case, literally everyone has a bank account, I even had one as a child...

• That is 200% false and also your parents probably had a trust fund for you lol not everyone is so lucky

Paypal does not hand out cards of any kind.  She would have to open an account with Paypal and she would have to have enough money in the account to cover Paypal's fees.  She should also not spend the money she receives until she knows that  each transaction was satisfactory.  If she is of legal age, she can open an account.

Source(s): Have had a Paypal account for years.