If we're saved by Jesus once, are we always saved? ?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

According to Matthew 24:13 Jesus said that those who endure to the end will be saved. It takes endurance on our part before we can gain salvation.

• 3 weeks ago

Jesus did save us, but we must do our part and follow Him from His example by keeping God's Ten Commandments, avoiding sin and doing good works.

"Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to his works."

--- Revelation 22:12

• 3 weeks ago

No we are not at all.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes we are always saved. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • X
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No one is saved right now and there is no Bible support for thinking "once saved, always saved".

• 3 weeks ago

If you're saved by Jesus, your name is written in the book of Life, ref Luke 20:17-20 . But if you don't obey his teachings your name gets erased from that book ref Psa 69:28-28.

If your name is blotted out, you lose any chance of redemption.

• 3 weeks ago

Salvation is an ongoing state or it is not salvation.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Jesus did what was necessary for us to be saved. Whether or not each of us actually is saved is entirely up to us, and depends upon the extent to which personally we accept and live by the grace He made available to us.

• 3 weeks ago

Nope. Each new sin occasions a new fall from grace, requiring fresh repentance. Nobody can save us in our sins, not even Jesus Christ.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Of course, believing in Jesus is to be saved eternally.  John 3:16.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.