How far along pregnant is she? Professional answers only please ?

Basically I have a question a girl is claiming shes pregnant by me I'm googling everything to break down conception and figure out how far along she would be based on when we had sex but I'm having no luck!! It only says from date of last period but it doesnt let you out in the day you had sex so here are the details...we had sex on Sept 6th 2019 that's when I came inside her so based on that date how far along would she be as of today I know it can take up to 15 days after sex to get pregnant at least that's that's what I found online....but could anyone give me a rough estimate of the farthest out possible due date and how far along she could be. I'm not with her anymore and shes claiming its mine so could someone help professional answers only.

• Suzy Q
    Favorite Answer

There are two ways to calculate pregnancy duration. The first is to start counting on the first day of the last period, which on average is two weeks before conception. The second is to measure the fetus on ultrasound, which has a few days margin of error in the first trimester. In order to avoid discrepancies between the two methods, an ultrasound dating counts back to two weeks BEFORE estimated conception.

The 15 days you read about that it can take to get pregnant doesn't mean it takes 15 days after sex to conceive. What is meant here is the time it can take for a fertilized egg to implant in the womb. This has nothing to do with how far along a woman is. After all pregnancy duration is calculated from BEFORE conception (sperm meeting egg) not AFTER. 

If sex on September 6 caused pregnancy, your girlfriend would be roughly 12-13 weeks along. Due date is set at 40 weeks. You do the math. 

• Haystack3 weeks agoReport

After sex on Sept 6th, wait 2 weeks and the test might be accurate, or preferably wait 3-4 weeks and the test will most likely be accurate.

Simple answer - demand a DNA test.

• LizB

If she conceived on Sept 6th (or a few days after), that would put her due date around May 29th, give or take a few days. First week of June would also be within realistic EDD range.

You should ask her when her last period was, to determine if you had sex around the time she got pregnant, it's not exact. If you find out she had her period after you had sex she is not pregnant by you. She would be 11 to 12 weeks pregnant, due date late May early June. 

Example of mine: Last period, Aug 29th, sex Sept 10th, due date early June 2020.

• helene

There are no "professional answers" here.

Considering that you don't know when she had her last period or when she ovulated (and she might not know that either), you're going to have to go by the life span of sperm. Which is 3-5 days, although a very few sources say some can live 7 days. I'm going with five. She could have ovulated as late as September 11 and still have been impregnated by you. If she ovulated as late as September 11, her last period was probably around August 29, give or take a few days. Using that date, I got an estimated due date of 6/4/20, and she would be 11 weeks 4 days.

Again, these numbers are estimates that can be several days off in either direction.

You ejaculated inside her. Of course you don't have to take her at her word, but do you really believe there's NO chance you're the father?

If you had sex on Sept 6th, the earliest day she could be pregnant is that day.  Sperm can live in her for about 5 days so she could have gotten pregnant on about Sept 11th.  That requires her to have just ovulated or ovulate in that period.

Pregnancies however are typically counted from the first date of her last period and that likely is how they are counting in order to estimate how far along she is so you need that information.

Pregnancies are dated from the first day of her last period. The most fertile days of a woman's cycle are 12th to 14th days of her cycle; however, sperm can live for several days inside her body. So if you had unprotected sex on Sept. 6, her last period was probably around Aug. 25th. If you got her pregnant, she would be about 2 months and three weeks pregnant. Since you had unprotected sex, it's possible that you are the father. Insist on a DNA test once the child is born and don't sign the birth certificate because it will make you legally responsible for the baby.

• Suzy Q

Did you know most women don't have an average (not the same as most common) 28 day cycle, and therefore most women don't actually ovulate on day 14?

Both my kids were conceived around day 26-28 of my cycle. 

• Jill

If you want professional answers you should go ask a professional. 

VERY rough estimate is May 29, 2020 (making her 13 weeks pregnant now).