Roy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

Son is scared of clowns?

Me and my daughter love the circus but my son is deathly afraid of clowns, last time we brought him he cried after the clowns came close to him. How can we help with his fears?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • edward
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Common fear, i don’t blame him. Didn’t you watch IT?

• 4 weeks ago

Clowns are freaking creepy.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

First of all - how old is the child?

If the child is under the age of five - then just leave the child with someone else and don't expose the child to their fear.  So - avoid clowns.

If the child is over the age of five, you might consider trying to find someone who is a professional clown (yes - there are "professional" clowns) and see if they would be willing to show your son how clown make-up is done.  This would mean meeting the clown BEFORE the make-up goes on and then being able to WATCH the person do their make-up to become a clown.  Or even finding videos of people doing clown make-up might help.

Helping  your child understand that a clown is just a person in makeup will help reduce the fear levels.  

Of course, avoiding exposure to movies with scary clowns will also help reduce the fear of clowns.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I think being scared of clowns is fairly common and there are many articles on the subject, no doubt some with helpful advice on the phobia. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You go to the circus without him until he is old enough to get over his fear of clowns.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.