Max asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

How can I convince parents to let me take a long day trip? ?

I am 16 years old and a Junior in high school. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and me and some buddies were planning on driving to California and back in one day. We would wake up and leave at 4:30 am and be back by 10:30 pm that night. It is a 6 hour drive to Santa Monica and 6 hours back. We would be paying for the gas ourselves and drive safe. They have life360 so I feel it'd be easier to convince them, rather than try and trick life360 and sneak it. How should I go about this? Both my other friends parents are going to let them so I could say that. Also my parents are pretty strict they rarely let me sleep out and don't like me driving on highways so Idk how they'd feel bout this. I could also just leave my phone with a friend and say I'm going to hang with him all day. Leaving this early won't be sus because its Black Friday and I already told them we're already planning on waking up early. 

Which should I do and if you think I should ASK my parents, please let me know how I should ask. Thanks.

I guess you'd want to tell them what you're planning to do in the national epicenter of homeless person violence against random people. I live about four miles from Santa Monica and I wouldn't go there myself without a damn good reason (and I'm 32).

Just lie about it and go anyway. Tell them you are going to the zoo and a late movie.

• Max3 weeks agoReport

that's what I'm thinking imma say we were "shopping" (Black Friday ) for a good amount hours like 6 because imma say we also ate at mall and then ill say I'm going to a movie then friends house or something

invite them to go with you, if they know they can keep an eye on you they might let you go

• Max3 weeks agoReport

yea but the whole point is kinda to be alone with friends and to do our own thing ya know?

Driving that far by inexperienced teenagers is much too dangerous, hopefully your parents do not let you go.

• Max3 weeks agoReport

well my friends almost 18 so he's kinda been driving for a longer than us but still I get what you mean. Do you think I should ask about flying (if I say Ill pay for my ticket) maybe that would be a better approach ?