Max asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

How can I convince parents to let me take a long day trip? ?

I am 16 years old and a Junior in high school. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and me and some buddies were planning on driving to California and back in one day. We would wake up and leave at 4:30 am and be back by 10:30 pm that night. It is a 6 hour drive to Santa Monica and 6 hours back. We would be paying for the gas ourselves and drive safe. They have life360 so I feel it'd be easier to convince them, rather than try and trick life360 and sneak it. How should I go about this? Both my other friends parents are going to let them so I could say that. Also my parents are pretty strict they rarely let me sleep out and don't like me driving on highways so Idk how they'd feel bout this. I could also just leave my phone with a friend and say I'm going to hang with him all day. Leaving this early won't be sus because its Black Friday and I already told them we're already planning on waking up early. 

Which should I do and if you think I should ASK my parents, please let me know how I should ask. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I guess you'd want to tell them what you're planning to do in the national epicenter of homeless person violence against random people. I live about four miles from Santa Monica and I wouldn't go there myself without a damn good reason (and I'm 32).

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Just lie about it and go anyway. Tell them you are going to the zoo and a late movie.

• Max3 weeks agoReport

that's what I'm thinking imma say we were "shopping" (Black Friday ) for a good amount hours like 6 because imma say we also ate at mall and then ill say I'm going to a movie then friends house or something

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

invite them to go with you, if they know they can keep an eye on you they might let you go

• Max3 weeks agoReport

yea but the whole point is kinda to be alone with friends and to do our own thing ya know?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Driving that far by inexperienced teenagers is much too dangerous, hopefully your parents do not let you go.

• Max3 weeks agoReport

well my friends almost 18 so he's kinda been driving for a longer than us but still I get what you mean. Do you think I should ask about flying (if I say Ill pay for my ticket) maybe that would be a better approach ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.