Can someone tell me about SB-10 in California?

I was offered a position as a bailbonds person; however, I am reading that this may have passed and become active on October 1, 2019. and that they want to send it to november 2020 election to overturn it. 

If this passed why would a bail place be hiring? Why didn't they go out of business?

can anyone explain how long this job would remain a job

Favorite Answer

There would be less demand for bail bonds but it's not going to go away.

I doubt that all bond for every conceivable case was eliminated. We can argue about it or you can quote the code section.

They would be hiring because the law is not yet in effect and will not be if it is overturned next year. They need people at least until then.

• Jessica4 weeks agoReport

thank you very much. I looked into this, but I saw a October date and wasn't sure. I also didn't have a lot of research time, due to just finding out about this recently. So i wanted as much help as I could

There will ALWAYS be a need for bondspersons.

I have no idea why they are hiring.  Presumably they have more business than they can handle.

No, I don't know how long you would remain in the job.

I DO know that the job requires research, and this appears to be a problem for you.