Any parents who have given their child a unique name (or a common name with a different spelling) regret it?

Has your kid been made fun of by the name? Have they been irritated because no one knows how to pronounce or spell their name? Do you ever look back and wish you would have given them a more common name with an easier spelling?

• y

Shouldn't be the parents you should be asking. It should be the kids whom the parents thought they were being cute and unique with.

• y

most parent will never admit they did something wrong like that, did something wrong at all.

Having the last name Smith, I gave my son a name that would stand out. People have misspelled it and mispronounced it. Yet, when he got older he thanked me. Best reward a father could receive. (Named him “Ian” by the way)

I don't have any kids but my sister has a 10-year-old named Ashtyn. When she was naming her, it was between Ashley or Ashtyn. Of course, she wanted her daughter to be different and stand out. There is one boy in her class named Ashton and a girl named Ashton. Everyone spells my niece's name wrong. In the end, it didn't end up being a unique name. She would probably be more unique if her name had been Ashley. It's like a contest to see who can give their kid the most F'd up name.