Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why does life go on when there is so much suffering?

This morning, I was interrupted in my train journey due to a suicide on the track. I can't imagine the pain that the person must have been in to get to that point, and the thought of sadness stayed in my mind all day. Later on in the day (this evening), I met some of my friends, who were having a house party. All were happy, and without a care in the world - including about the horrible fatality that I was thinking about all day. How can so many people party, or enjoy such care-free lives, whilst such tragedies occur?

Favorite Answer

c'est la vie

• Donna

It's how it is.

• Masking. We are masked from the larger world of human events. But there is a media for it, its called the media.

I can only give you my interpretation on the matter, so I don't know if it will help you or not.  I was thinking the same thing last night, how so much evil seems to be going in the world today, how can God allow it?  Then I thought of Jesus and I went back to his day and time.  There was violence in humanity then also.  They even killed him.  If they killed him, then why should anyone else's Life matter so much more then the Son of God?  Keep breathing, and living, and doing good for those other people around you. Like Jesus, he arose from the dead, but did not leave us alone and fearful  He became the source of goodness implanted in out minds and hearts and that goodness keeps the world turning round and round every day! 

We aren't "care free" and most of us have some serious life problems. Of course, we aren't all struggling with dire physical injuries like the person you described, but we all have our own measure of pain. Not everyone is "care free"... as a matter of fact, most aren't.

People have all sorts of devastating life issues. This doesn't mean they can't set their troubles aside for a night and enjoy themselves. It's not healthy to sit around feeling miserable about life circumstances all the time, but i actually know someone who does... and she focuses on issues outside of herself as well as her own issues. She's always depressed, always shoving junk food down her throat, always miserable.

I'd rather not.

Because you need to live your life and not

focus on death.

• no

Because we try to make the most out of the bad things that happen and just be grateful that it's not you who is constantly suffering. You keep to yourself and you move on and hope for the best of others who cannot help themselves. You go to work, you make money for your family, you take them to go on a vacation to Disneyworld and you keep living and whatever comes will be your fate.

If I have 1 question in life, it’s that one. It’s crazy how life works 

God has forsaken us all because he is a coward