Petchratn asked in PetsFish · 3 weeks ago

I have 3 zebra danio in 25 gallons, are they all males? I want to get more Petsmart Petsco Glofish aquarium hobby fish tank ?

After well fed for a week, turned out they are all females. :) thank you for all answer even the spam one 😂  

It is really hard to sex glofish danios, as normal danios Have different color on the male and female.

What are the dimensions of that tank? Danios are some of the most active fish you can get. they need a long tank. A 25 gallon typical tank is only 24 inches long. Your gimmicky glowfish tank may be even shorter. IDK, I couldn't find it on line. even a 20 gallon long at 30 inches long is better, As danios tend to get stressed and fin nippy if they dont have lots of length to do laps. A 40 gallon breeder, at 48 inches long would be more ideal for a school of danios. I am sorry that they sell junk products to take your money, but none of the species of glofish would really thrive in a 25 gallon tank.

Source(s): the females are tubbier, the males are skinnier and longer. The male zebra danio has a torpedo-shaped body while the females tend to have a bigger belly. Both males and females have the same stripes and two pairs of barbells, however, the females are bigger. However, this is the case when your fish has matured.
    • Petchratn3 weeks agoReport

So it’s kinda impossible to sexing glofish danio.
      I do have bigger tanks (55, 29 gallons) that didn’t set up. Thank you for advices. 

• Nathan

You need a minimum of 10 gallons per zebra danio fish, meaning your tank is too small (they need a 20 gallon at the least). You can not add any more fish because the ones you currently have have had their space needs neglected, and they will kill any added into it

Flip them them over and check for prosmethit glands, they should be swollen and red, if they buldge out - chance are you have a fish with tumours