I have a bump on my finger and don't know what to do about it ?

I was playing with a Mic stand and dropped the part where the Mic goes, it slid down and hit my finger. I'm left with a small, purple bump on my finger. The area hurts slightly.

It's probably nothing but I want to be sure 

It's just bruising 

It’s just a minor blood clot. You will be fine and it will eventually go away. Last time I had one I popped it. If you plan to do that have a tissue nearby or you might permanently stain a library book that you are the first to use. Not from experience or anything...

• Cathy

you should have  your finger amputated before the ailment spreads 

It looks like a blood blister.

Blood blister? If so, Eventually the blood just drains  back into the capillaries And it disappears. The body knows what it’s doing. (Its Usually DOCTORS who don’t know what they’re doing. Particularly nowadays.... don’t get me started ....)

• Burgoo

it is definitely the aids cancer you hear so much about

You are fine. That is just a blood blister. 

• YKhan

It's a bruise, basically a it's a cut underneath the skin, it'll heal itself just like a cut over top of the skin. It will take a couple of weeks to disappear completely.

Something similar happened to me once. I was onstage with my band, Toto, and my roadie hadn't set the mic stand up properly. Half way through the set, it collapsed slightly but when it happened I was making some pretty raunchy thrusting gestures to the crowd, so as my misfortune would have it, my jeb end was caught between the sections! It flattened the tip and now it looks like a small purple cornish pasty! So i can relate.

Thanks

Joseph Williams