Is it okay to get to youtube career? Is it worth it? ?

I am confused whether is it worth it if i switch my career to youtube than an office job. Is youtube considered a career? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Unlike an office job that is already part of an established business, you have to put in the time and effort to establish yourself, no matter what self employment path you choose. Youtube has made it harder to earn revenue, but it can still be done where many career Youtubers have multiple platforms, including their own websites to generate income. It takes time to build an audience and it can be hard to know what content you want to bring to the table and whether others will find it of value.

• 3 weeks ago

At this point i think the best way to describe moving your office job to a youtube career is "an irresponsible decision". Its pretty (very) hard to make it big enough on youtube nowadays for it to be your source of primary income. unless u re an instagram model in which case knock yourself out

• 3 weeks ago

It WAS.

But Youtube have been changing how they work over the last few years, and it is now almsot impossible to get popular enough to get a decent income from Youtube without using other non-Youtube revenue streams.

Nobody earns much from Youtube ads anymore. Not even Pewdiepie.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You don’t just switch like that, right away you won’t be earning any money. You’ll have to grow your channel enough before you can start putting ads on it. 

Even then, YouTube really isn’t that profitable anymore unless you have millions of subscribers. There’s a reason lots of YouTubers (especially gaming related) have moved to other platforms like Twitch. 

YouTube is too unpredictable to be used as your main income. Just look at the recent news, at a flick of a switch, channels that make child friendly content won’t be able to put ads on their videos. Just like that a channel making money can no longer make money that way purely because YouTube says so. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.