Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I've started working a month ago, and i need to take 2 weeks off due to family emergency situations?

will they be able to understand despite working for a month. my family is really important to me and i dont wanna miss any chances, but my work is also important to me.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on the policies of this workplace. If you're in the US you have to put in 1,250 hours at a job before you're eligible for FMLA leave. But the laws may be different where you live.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would talk to your boss about it, they might let you take off

• 4 weeks ago

How could we possibly know if your employer will understand anything?  We don't even know who they are.  Or what your "emergency situation" is. 

• sarah
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

It really just depends on the company and the "emergency situations." If you're the only one who can take care of your grandpa who just had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery, then they would probably be willing to work with you. If your aunt's Yorkie just had a C-section and you want to spend two weeks helping your aunt, on the other hand...probably not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Depends on the workplace. You’ll have to ask for yourself.

• 4 weeks ago

What kind of emergencies are they? If it’s medical use FMLA and if your job does something or gives you too much crap sue their ***

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

She wouldn't qualify for FMLA if she's only been there a month. No basis to sue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.