Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I've started working a month ago, and i need to take 2 weeks off due to family emergency situations?

will they be able to understand despite working for a month. my family is really important to me and i dont wanna miss any chances, but my work is also important to me.

Depends on the policies of this workplace. If you're in the US you have to put in 1,250 hours at a job before you're eligible for FMLA leave. But the laws may be different where you live.

i would talk to your boss about it, they might let you take off

How could we possibly know if your employer will understand anything?  We don't even know who they are.  Or what your "emergency situation" is. 

• sarah

It really just depends on the company and the "emergency situations." If you're the only one who can take care of your grandpa who just had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery, then they would probably be willing to work with you. If your aunt's Yorkie just had a C-section and you want to spend two weeks helping your aunt, on the other hand...probably not.

• MissA

Depends on the workplace. You’ll have to ask for yourself.

What kind of emergencies are they? If it’s medical use FMLA and if your job does something or gives you too much crap sue their ***

• Tri-Harder

She wouldn't qualify for FMLA if she's only been there a month. No basis to sue.