Whats happening to oil companies when the electric cars come .I like oil but building a anti pollution system can save old models .?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 days ago

If Biden ever got elected only foreign oil and gas companies would be allowed to operate under the supervision of his son Hunter . We would have to go back to horses and mules in our country for the ordinary people . The upper crust leaders like Gore and Biden would use the oil and gas because they are important 

• 2 weeks ago

The railroads, airlines, shipping industry, military and plastic producers will have cheaper petroleum.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

They are buying into renewable markets in an attempt to own generation and distribution of those. Buying the patents mostly. This way they can still control the supply at whatever level they want simply by preventing other people from developing the systems or controlling their release.

BP have a large algae-to-oil plant under glass but won't roll out the technology  until oil starts to run out.

• 3 weeks ago

Try taking my XJS from me, you will have a war on your hands

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Since much of a electric car is made from plastic oil companies will be around for some time.

The oil companies will probably shift towards more clean energy like Hydrogen . There will not be enough electricity for some time to power up electric cars if gasoline power cars are gone in the future . Think of the investment needed financially to upgrade the infrastructure plus just the resources like new wiring .copper is getting in short supply now.

Relying totally on electricity is foolish anyway. What happens during blackouts . What powers hospitals , fire trucks during a blackout . Putting all our eggs in one basket is stupid 

• 3 weeks ago

They are energy companies, not oil companies anymore. They own natural gas supplies and are transitioning into electricity production.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

As less fuel is needed when more and more people drive electric cars, I think a smart CEO would invest in other commodities. I would invest in a rescue taxi service to pick up all the people stranded in their electric cars after they drove more than 80 miles and unthinkingly turned on the air conditioner. Maybe a tow company to tow all those lifeless hulks to an electric filling station so they can continue their trip beyond 100 miles.

• 3 weeks ago

Oil has other uses besides as a fuel so it will still be needed.

As for electric cars- they have to be recharged, that is done by plugging it in to the power grid. The power grid gets the power by boiling water in most cases with a fossil fuel (either oil, natural gas or coal). The amount of energy loss between the point of generation and turning a wheel on the road is a lot. The net loss through the power grid results in an actual increase in green house gasses. It only changes the point of origin for those gases.

• pucman1961
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

In Ontario nuclear power produces most of the electricity 
      There is no coal. There are lots of windmills with back natural gas generators.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.