Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 months ago

Why don't European and American get along anymore ?

Favorite Answer

Everywhere we have traveled - including very recently - we Americans have had NO PROBLEMS getting along with people in the country we visit.  We have been cautioned not to wear blatant American symbols and clothing - but on a trip to Poland a couple of years ago (and I speak Polish well), we passed a school group of Polish kids - most of whom were wearing YANKEES hats!  We were recently in Barcelona - and all was quiet - but lately, there have been huge crowds in the streets - and I do not speak Spanish or Catalan. I would not be comfortable in that atmosphere - but then, we loathe the idea of standing around in Time Square for 8 hours in the cold, to see the ball drop.  I speak some French - get along fine in Canada, although there are still Francophones who do NOT want anyone to speak French unless they are native - they say our pronunciation hurts their ears . . .  My husband speaks Italian in Italy, and his Spanish is decent - and we are polite, courteous, and do NOT get into political discussions abroad.  We just gush over the beauty of the host country, and the art and architecture, the cuisine, the music - the culture in general is why we GO!  My husband powerwalks the local track every day - and tells me about all the great people he meets, from all over.  They are mutually receptive to opinions - and of course, they are people who have chosen to live here in the US, at least for now.  Courtesy and patience will get you thru most situations.

• W1 month agoReport

Perfect answer. Spot on.  Observe the people and imitate them. Blend in and don't stick out. 

Billions of Muslim migrants here in Europe

its called association ..our brains link trump and america as one ...i have travelled to 36 states ..never had a problem and loved every minute ...personally i liked obama 

• Mark

Because of someone who IS a group and whose last name rhymes with it.

They used to get along, until D. Trump came to power. Thus he doesn't stop to mock, insult, bully and threat most of Europaen leaders and too, the Canadian one and more.

On the other hand, he worships the dictators like: Putin ( Trump calls him a strong man), then Kim Jong ( Trump said about him: '' he is an honorable man '', he likes Erdogan too. Next: Bashar All Assad?

• Michael S2 months agoReport

Kim Jong un is an honorable MAN

because America (especially US) always thinks they r better than others (do u remember this stupid spot "america first"?), and thats why we dont like them. Cheers!

• Orla C

We do most of the time. Except when the American is wearing a MAGA hat. Then it's open season .... 

cause some people just dont get along with others

We Americans mostly get along with Europeans (in my experience).

• W1 month agoReport

Um, it's also the other way around. 

Wrong. On a daily basis the americans and canadians aee insultin the Hindu Hindu INDIA ppl on aocial media and getting along quite fine qith the mideast moslms jeesand euros

Ommm