Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Women, would you considerate it rude if a guy arrives late to a date?

I arrived 15 minutes late to a date and the girl looked annoyed. It was supposed to be casual date. I’m not meeting the president of the United States. 

• Lita

If it happened often or happened without an explanation for the lateness it would annoy me and I would consider it rude.

• Misty

it "IS" rude. Yes, I would.

Would you be late to your job without a reason or even a text/call? Probably not. She was right to be annoyed and in fact, she should've just left after waiting 10 mins. "Supposed to be a casual date," great excuse.

It doesn't matter. You can't win.

• e9601:

Of course not. In the big picture of life, 15 min. is nothing.

Reason? Did you apologise?

If you said sorry, then no. If you just expect her to suck it up, then you are a dick for sure. 

• drip

You couldn’t of texted to let her know? Yes that is rude.   

Doesn’t matter who you are meeting, or why your are meeting. You set a date and time to meet.  They can be on time, why not you? When you know you will be late you let the person know as soon as you know you won’t arrive on time

depends on why they were late

Yes, regardless of the nature of the meeting being late is rude and disrespectful period. Especially more so if you lack common courtesy to make contact and inform. It's understandable sometimes things do come up, but to leave someone hanging with no explanation is wrong. 

Also, In a dating setting it brings out unnecessary anxiety. What if you stood her up? Or any number of things...

In the event you didn't show up or notify her, How long should she have to wait on you before giving up?

Yes it’s rude.......