Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

If I am the non custodial parent and I have a room for my child, does that help with lowering my child support?

My Ex has filed a child support case and based on my income I have to pay her, but she has not submitted current pay stubs she used old stubs that have a lower amount from a previous job and a amount is set for child support but not final can my rent cost be factored that I provide a room for my child when calculating child support?

We have 50/50

But because of her lower income compared to mine I have to pay support.

You're supposed to have a room for your child in order to get even visitation with him/her and that's irrelevant to the child support situation. If your ex is committing fraud by providing outdated pay stubs that's something you'd bring up with the judge.

Every country is different.  In the US every state is different.  We have a system where money from both parents is pooled according to a formula and used in trust for the child.  Unless a parent has the child for more than 100 days in a year the amounts are not varied.  This would mean whatever you choose to spend is not relevant.  I don't know where you live and hence what rules apply to you.

No having a room for your noncustodial child does not factor into the Support Amount. It should be a given that, if you have some form of visitation, you also have appropriate accommodation for your child.

The judge or mediator is not stupid. They will ask to see current dated pay stubs from both of you.