Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

Where do people who owe you money get this crazy reasoning?

Let's say someone owes you $10k. Then you win $50k in the lotto. Then this person says "I don't owe you any more money  cause you just got $50k, right?"

What does one have to do with the other????

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

People are stupid....or crazy...

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

"Never underestimate the ignorance of the American public."

• 3 weeks ago

To which you answer "now that I have $50k I can pay someone to break your legs if you don't pay me inside a week".

Anyway, I've never heard of anyone using this logic.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

For HALF that money, someone around here could "make them disappear", but then you're still out the money.

• 4 weeks ago

It, most likely, means that they never intended to pay you back and were looking for any excuse.

That windfall, became the excuse.

• 4 weeks ago

It doesn't. The debtor still owes the creditor $10,000.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Currently I have around $20k in savings. I am NOT a delusional idiot who thinks well since I have money then I will just lend it to someone, and that person will give it back to me. People already asked me, for money, and do you know what I said? NO!!!

Sometimes I tell people I am broke, or I don't have any money. Sometimes I just say no.

I think you are going to have to accept losing $10k, and you can only blame yourself, for that.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

We don't know that the $10k is "lost", but now OP can afford the legal fees to try to collect it.

• 4 weeks ago

It has nothing to do with one another. Unless the person is the person that sold you the lottery ticket. And then in such a person's mind they might reason that they gave you $50,000 by selling you the lottery ticket.

• 4 weeks ago

They DON'T. The so called friend NEVER intended to pay you back and just used any excuse that came up as a reason you don't need the money.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

nothing. I have never heard anyone use that line.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I've heard similar, as in, "you're rich so why are you trying to squeeze me for return of a few thousand dollars you don't actually need?" 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's a pathetic excuse not to pay it back. They know deep down it's an unreasonable and wrong attitude. Tell then to grow up and be responsible for their debts and to learn self respect. 

• 4 weeks ago

Faulty logic. Unless he can produce the person he bribed to get you that win, you now have money to throw away on a lawyer chasing that weaseling POS down.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.