Someone whos good at counseling, how can I restore my spiritual faith, for myself and my parents?

My parents raised me christian. When adulthood hit, I lost my faith and our church was falling apart. My parents found a new church but eventually stopped going. Flashforward today, none of us are really happy. My folks used to make their lives revolve around the church. I feel like Ive cost them their happiness and I dont know if it can be restored. Id feel really bad if something were to happen to them. We used to have the purpose and guidance in life and that promise of heaven if we lived our lives morally and spiritually. Now its all gone, everything feels so empty. 

• Jake

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by way of having true devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

If you are serious, read Luke 8:4-18.

you can only lead by example, so you can only restore your own spiritual faith first. this is done by study, faith, and repentance. remission of sins and reconciliation unto Christ. repentance and daily prayer are necessary. some people claim you can pray until you get the spirit to pray. i usually say the Lords prayer and by the time everyone else is finished im just beginning to pray. however 5 min of prayer., or even 15 minutes, is basically all you need. then again, those with serious transgressions, have said in the past that they could pray for hours or even days. fasting helps also, supplications is a word not commonly heard in association with prayer, but there is a verse or two in the bible

as for Counseling, what do you think is a good definition of a counselor. i think men with spiritual experience would say more than someone with a college degree. and definitely if you are looking for spiritual guidance, no secular degree is going to train a counselor for spiritual problems.

as for parents, be the example you want them to see that they might believe in the truth. i have found that even if one person, or 2, give a good example! the others might seek their own path anyway.

Pray, Jay.  You cannot restore your own faith, let alone your parents'.  But the Lord can, and He will.

Ask Him this:

Create in me a clean heart, O God, /

And renew a right Spirit within me. /

Cast me not away from Thy presence /

And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. / 

Restore into me /

The joy of Thy salvation /

And uphold me with Thy free Spirit.

Maybe not in those exact words 😉  The point is that you need to turn to HIM, not to yourself, your parents or any particular congregation or denomination.  The time may come when the Lord leads you and/or your parents to make such changes, but it all starts, centers on and ends with Jesus Christ, who said

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No man comes to the Father but by Me" (John 14:6).

Keep Jesus at the center of your faith, Jay.  And if you have trouble doing that, just tell Him.  Believe me, He's heard it before and He wants to help. He did for ME 😀

God bless and keep you, Jay.

Perhaps you should try to find happiness in reality. I recommend helping those less fortunate, which can be very satisfying.

I would say do the opposite. Learn how to be strong and not require yourself, and or your parents for that matter, to live a lie. Learn to realize that just because your parents or "man" has told you that there is a Santa Clause like fairy tale of a man wearing a robe with holes in his feet and hands that he exists without any merit able evidence whatsoever and just believe upon it with blind faith. Seeking the truth in life is the path of heroes, and not of co-dependant pathetic followers...

• A C

Pray for wisdom and guidance.  Try some Baptist churches.  Some of the independent ones  are still good. Ask the pastor for counseling.  Read the Bible daily for direction in your life; especially the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs.  

You may have lost the church, but you haven't lost your faith. On top of that, it already looks like you've got a set of moral values that you are following through life. And that is all it matters. You don't need a church to tell you that you're a believer ?

You know if you're a believer or not, open your heart, try to love everything around and do no evil - that is all it matters.

Source(s): I am Christian and I go to church once a year.

With the little I can see, it seems to me there is a crisis of faith going on with everyone. And since church is what was being used to hold you all together, the lack of church is causing you guys to fall away from each other.

To ME, it seems all you need happiness, not church. What can you all get behind? What makes you all happy as individuals? Get happy as individual people who can support each other's things.

DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF...ASK GOD FOR COMFORT AND DIRECTION...U CAN CHECK OUT SOME GOOD TRINITY CHURCHES IN YOUR AREA...I LIKE METHODIST BUT PRESBYTERIAN IS ALSO VERY GOOD...ENJOY...AND KEEP PRAYING...GOD WILL LISTEN DEAR.