Ladies, how good is metformin for PCOS?

Hi. I just started metformin 3 weeks ago and was wondering (if anyone else has taken metformin for PCOS) how long it will take for my husband and I to convince? We have had unprotected sex only twice since then if that information helps at all. Thank you! 

Completely depends on the woman.  For some women it gets them ovulating again within a few months, some women need heavier meds.  It rarely works within three weeks.  You wouldn't even have increased the full dosage yet in three weeks.  It generally takes at least two months to reach the full dosage, because the recommendation is to start at 500 mg and increase by 500 mg every two weeks. 

• Suzy Q

For some women who have PCOS Metformin is enough to help them conceive (which is why the doctor prescribed it), for some the combination Metformin and Clomid is necessary.

However even the healthiest couple needs to be having sex more than twice in three weeks to have a good chance of conception. Didn't the doctor give you any advice about when/how often to have sex?