Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

How do I make my girlfriend see sense?

Before we started dating, my girlfriend got raped. The rapist went to jail. A few weeks ago, he got out. Today, my girlfriend broke up with me. She said the rapist got in touch with her and they’ve been messaging for the last 2 weeks. She wants to meet up with him and see if they can start dating. She’s obviously not thinking straight. How do I make her realise she’s making a mistake?

• Min

She got raped and she wants to date her rapist. That should've been a no brainer. I'm sure you aren't the only one who would think the same about her choices. I would just let that one go. If it makes you feel better you can let her know but I'm pretty sure everyone else is saying the same.

You have to be trolling no normal person would do that

Tell her the moron she's dating now is a troll, so she may as well try and see how things work out with the rapist.

My guess is she has known this rapist for a long time. He must have angered her about something, so she 'cried rape'. I would stay away from her or you may end up behind bars. 

Tell everyone who knows her. Tell her friends and family. Get everyone to pressure her into changing her mind.

Tell her family. Her parents surely won’t allow her to go through with it.

• Linda

Nice story but not believable.