My Mouse cursor moves on its own. Help.?

My cursor moves on its own and clicks things by itself. Sometimes its so bad my laptop is unusable. This is very bad because it always exes out my tabs and stuff while im doing things. I've tried sooo many things to fix it and it still happens. If I dont use the laptop for a long amount of time this doesnt happen as badly, but once i start moving my cursor more and using it it gets worse, clicks things and moves on its own. Please help its really getting irriating:( (not sure if this is important but the laptop I have is the HP notebook, it was $200)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

something wrong with touchpad or inside it

• 3 weeks ago

There might be some problem inside the trackpad while you are using it long time. so may be some sensor wire got messed up so take it to the technician, it should not cost that much to fix it!

• 3 weeks ago

If your any pointing device driver is outdated or corrupted, it would cause your mouse cursor keeps moving on its own. It can fix the problem through updating your pointing device driver, like mouse, keyboard and touchpad driver. ... Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.

• 3 weeks ago

A flacky mouse or bad mouse driver.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Defective trackpad or mouse, whichever one you are using.  Could also be a virus or a remote user.  I would disable the trackpad or change the mouse you're using.  If that doesn't work, reinstall the o.s.  If you're unsure how to do this, seek a technician.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

2 main possibilities,

1) you may be brushing the touchpad with your hands when you type.

Go into the touchpad settings and see if there is a palm check setting to reduce the possibility of false triggering or disable the touchpad completely and use a USB mouse.

2) your mouse is faulty (if you are using a mouse)

get a new mouse, they are not expensive

• 3 weeks ago

Price of the HP notebook does not matter to us, but the model number and operating system does.

Disconnect completely from Internet.  My guess is your system is being run with remote software that lets someone move cursor and click on stuff. After you are connected a while, that person notices you are on line and starts playing with your HP laptop.  A virus scan and staying off Internet or only connecting through a secure router will go a long way to prevent this crap.

• Don
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

more than likely it is a remote user that has gained access

• 3 weeks ago

Do a virus scan with your anti virus software

Also, run a scan with Malwarebytes, get a free download

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Disable the built-in trackpad and get a new USB mouse. You can have a decent one cheap for $2.

For a more permanent solution, have the HP replace the laptop's trackpad at their service center.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I've never experienced that before. My first thought is you may have a virus. Did you do a virus scan? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.