Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

My lab gets six pills a day should i give n him half in the morning and half at night or all at once?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Lauren
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

This is something that only your veterinarian can answer. It depends on the medication. Some medications should be given with food and others without food, as well, so these are other good questions for your vet. Give your vet office a call and they may be able to answer this question over the phone for you. 

• Casey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That depends entirely on what the meds are. Some are to be given once a day, some twice, some three times. Some meds can't be given congruently. some can. You should follow the instructions given to you by the vet or on the label. 

• 4 weeks ago

I can't say for sure, but i think my dog might be slipping me pills.

I've been nodding off at 6pm nearly every night this last few weeks, which is unusual for me. I wake up with a leash around my neck in the garden. a couple of times i thought i'#ve seen my dog sat in my seat watching tv, but laid back like a human. He's drinking beer and eating nuts, but then sees me and bolts out acting all friend like. Like a normal dog! This must be a hallucination right? I must be sleep walking or something. I'm so silly sometimes.

• 4 weeks ago

It depends what the pills are for. If you got them for a vet, then the vet should have put the instructions on the label. 

If you have no instructions, ask, or in the meantime do what you said - half in the morning, half in the evening.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

What did your VETERINARIAN tell you to do?

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on the type of medication.... But I would ask your vet to be 100% certain it would be okay.

• R K
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

read the directions on the pill bottles.

• 4 weeks ago

Try and spread them out throughout the day, if your dog doesn't like taking tablets roll them up in a slice of chicken (the sort you use to make sandwiches.)

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How would we know, ask the vet!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.