The Stranger, Albert Camus?
1. In many ways Meursault is an ordinary man with a job, friends, and a romantic relationship. In spite of this, the title refers to him as a stranger indicating someone who lacks these social bonds. How is the main character a metaphor for all people today? In what ways are all Americans strangers?
2. Meursault stands out for his indifference to his mother’s death and his murder of another person. In what ways are 21st century Americans indifferent to other people’s suffering?
1. How does Meursault react to his mother’s death? Detail all of his behavior that seems inappropriate. (part 1, chapter 1)
2. Describe Meursault’s relationship with Marie. (part 1, chapter 2) Describe Raymond’s relationship with his mistress (part 1, chapter 3–5).
3. Detail the events that lead up to and result in Meursault killing a man. Based on the evidence, do you think this was murder or self-defense? (part 1, chapter 6)
4. Describe how Meursault copes with his time in prison. What is the story that is reported in the scrap of newspaper that he finds in his cell? (part 2, chapter 1-2)
5. How does the prosecutor attempt to link Meursault’s indifference about his mother’s death to the man he murdered? (part 2, chapter 3-4)
6. How does Meursault analyze the use of the guillotine to inflict the death penalty? What does Meursault discuss with the priest? (part 2, chapter 5)
- Anonymous8 months ago
your dad should have fallen asleep on his twisting off arm and given himself a stranger instead of fathering such a little 6itch.
- Zac ZLv 78 months ago
You're being ridiculous. These aren't even 10 question.
I don't start working on strangers' school assignments unless they have at least 20 questions!
- AndrewLv 78 months ago
Not only are you are a total and complete buffoon for thinking that somebody might actually furnish you with answers to these questions, but you think that by acting like a disrespectful little shite you might change the person's mind. You'll be sucking plenty of balls when you learn that you can't make your rent living off of your McDonald's salary, and you won't be a stranger to back alleys. The guillotine would be too good for you. What you need is for old Andy to pick you up by the ankles and smash yer fecking head against the wall. Take the F, you spineless clown. Your teacher is never going to believe that an imbecile like you made it through the book anyway. If you're going to be a liar, a thief, a sneak and a cheat all your life, prepare for the world to put its balls in your mouth. Pathetic bellend.
- CogitoLv 78 months ago
This is YOUR homework. You need to read the book, think about it, and do it yourself.
One word of advice - the word 'l'etranger' is more accurately translated as 'the outsider'. Maybe think about it with that in mind?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- WhateverLv 78 months ago
Are you effing serious?! No one here is going to do your homework for you. Get off the internet, start reading, and do your own work.