Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Is my weight too high?

I’m a 19 year old guy, 6’1 and 245 lbs. noticed I put on a bit of weight lately, worried I might be overweight 

• Bort

Research what's called Body Mass Index. I'm not an expert on the subject but I *think* you're either in range of where that information suggests you should be or you're just slightly over.

Yes.  Sorry.  Your BMI is 32.32, which puts you into the Obese range.  You really want your BMI to be between 20 and 25.  A health weight range for a male your height is 155-190 unless you have exceptional muscle mass. 

Being obese increases your risk of heart disease, joint damage, arthritis, Alzheimers, diabetes, and even cancer.  Please consider making some lifestyle changes to improve the quality of the food you eat and decrease the empty calories from fast food, junk food, snack food, and sweets. Cut sugar and carb consumption in favor of  foods that have essential nutrients. 

Normal weight at that height is about 165 to 185. You are obese.

• Damien

well yeah im 37 5'9 and 110 pounds, youre more than twice that ALREADY, what you gonna be at 37? 500 pounds?

• .

It depends on your muscle mass.  Bobby Wagner of the Seattle Seahawks is 6 feet tall and 245 pounds.  Do you have a build like an NFL linebacker?