what job can i get with a bachelors degree in biological sciences?

i’d imagine not many but i thought it was worth asking, i can’t find any definite answers online.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Teaching, along with being a sales rep for pharmaceutical companies, are some careers biology majors can follow.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You have gone about this completely backwards. You do NOT choose a major, and then hope you can find a job. Instead, you first determine what JOB you want, and then pursue the academic program that is required for that job.

• 3 weeks ago

From the description of the degree from one of the universities offering it:

>> The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) curriculum is appropriate for students desiring a focused, in-depth grounding in all the essential elements of the biological sciences, and is particularly suitable for students intending to pursue graduate study in biology or in the health sciences. It also prepares students to function effectively in a variety of technical and laboratory research settings.

>>

It's usually considered a "pre-professional" degree, intended to serve as preparation for one of a number of graduate programs.  But it can also directly qualify someone for work in a laboratory - research, clinical, or testing.

Contact the guidance/career counselor at whatever school you're talking about for more specific info.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.