are americans son of english people?

! I know that there are germans, irish, spanairds, italians, polish ecc. I am talking about the colonists of new worlld people of 13 colonies. wasps and yankee people

• Jeff D

At the time of the American revolution, about half of the colonists were descended from England or Welsh immigrants.  The other half were descended from African (20%), Scots-Irish (8%), German (7%), Scottish (7%), Dutch (3%), and other (5%) nationalities.

• R K

all the colonists were british.

Yes. Americans are the descendants of English colonists from the 17th and 18th centuries.

My ancestors came to the North American continent before there was a United States.  They came from England in the mid 1600s.  For my family anyway, what you ask is true.

Source(s): My eighth great uncle had a household in old Salem village with a daughter, a niece and a former slave, a woman he brought from Barbados. She told tales of Voodoo to the young girls. It was in his house that the accusations of witchcraft started.
  • John

That dna spit test says I'm Norwegian, Swedish, & German.

• Clive

What does this have to do with elections?

Yes.

Have met a few mixed breeds. But the English blood Americans are primarily on the East and North side of the US. As that is where the original 13 English colonies were.