are americans son of english people?

! I know that there are germans, irish, spanairds, italians, polish ecc. I am talking about the colonists of new worlld people of 13 colonies. wasps and yankee people

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeff D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

At the time of the American revolution, about half of the colonists were descended from England or Welsh immigrants.  The other half were descended from African (20%), Scots-Irish (8%), German (7%), Scottish (7%), Dutch (3%), and other (5%) nationalities.

• R K
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

all the colonists were british.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes. Americans are the descendants of English colonists from the 17th and 18th centuries.

• 3 weeks ago

My ancestors came to the North American continent before there was a United States.  They came from England in the mid 1600s.  For my family anyway, what you ask is true.

Source(s): My eighth great uncle had a household in old Salem village with a daughter, a niece and a former slave, a woman he brought from Barbados. She told tales of Voodoo to the young girls. It was in his house that the accusations of witchcraft started.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That dna spit test says I'm Norwegian, Swedish, & German.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

What does this have to do with elections?

• 3 weeks ago

Yes.

Have met a few mixed breeds. But the English blood Americans are primarily on the East and North side of the US. As that is where the original 13 English colonies were.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.