Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

I want to learn about auto mechanics ?

Can u guys recommend a book i should read ?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

a good book would be the car's manual, tells you how a car works

• 4 weeks ago

Go to most auto parts stores or a book store and order a Haynes Repair Manual for your *specific vehicle sitting in your driveway. Read one section at a time starting with Brakes. Study the cooling system next. Do not become overwhelmed by the section on engines unless you're familiar with reading micrometers and understand electronics. Try to find a trusted private mechanic that will let you shadow him now and then. If you can find either an automotive machine shop or a racing engine shop you will learn more there about engines than any new car dealership.

• 4 weeks ago

The best book to read is a Haynes manual for a vehicle that you buy and start learning how to repair/rebuild.

There are tons of youtube videos to help you with things that the manual doesn't cover (the manual assumes some mechanical knowledge).

• 4 weeks ago

Just go on youtube and watch videos that show people how to repair a vehicle.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I think one just has a knack for it - or a really great apprenticeship from a parent.

In my experience there are only really spot-on mechanics - then those who just take your money. 

• don r
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

........Audel's Auto Guide.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go visit your school's library or a local book store. There is probably a whole shelf full of books about auto mechanics. Read several.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, its called auto mechanic school. I would suggest you consider taking that course. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would take some classes in it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.