? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What is the best method of microwaving bacon?

• Microwave bacon is probably not a good thing.

Microwaving is not a good option for cooking, if you are in a jam and you need to thaw out frozen bacon, then clean your sink with hot soapy water, rinse, grab a plate  and lean up against one side and put the slab of bacon in its original wrapping, and run COLD water slowly over it for 10 or so minutes.  This will thaw it properly. Microwaves kill your food and you.

Source(s): Retired Navy Cook.
  • Kate

Don't! I cook mine on a hot plate in a frying pan so it comes out cooked, crisp.

My friend Paul weaves himself a mat of bacon for BLTs and cooks it in the microwave (between a sandwich of double paper towels. I'm a fan of laying it out on a sheet pan and cooking it at 350° F for 16 to 19 minutes, depending on the desired crispy factor.

• Bear Grylls2 months agoReport

This is the correct answer - if you must microwave it, paper towels on top and on bottom to absorb the grease, but baking it in the oven is the best option

• denise

You can get a 'bacon rack', for microwave use, it does not seem to brown the same as frying or broilling though!

I agree with putting a couple sheets of paper towel under the bacon and one or two on top of the bacon on high for 5 min. That technique also makes delicious chicken skin and renders out most of the fat but add a little salt.

• KTJoe

Let's look at the word microwave; cooking from the inside out, best to fry that bacon in a pan on the stove for overall better taste.

I put the bacon strips (don’t overlap) on top of two paper towels, then put a single paper towel over the bacon. Cooking time depends on the power of your microwave.

• Savannah2 months agoReport

I do this too.

you can but microwave plate covers that protect the food while it cooks

Put it INSIDE the microwave and BAM!! TA-DA YOU GOT YOURSELF SOME GOOD OL' BACON!!!