Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Is Linda Sarsour an Islamic Feminist?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

She tries to be but when backed into a corner she refuses to criticize some of the less savory gender relations inherent to her faith. This is why Islam is long overdo for the kind of reformation that Christianity and Judaism underwent. Old school Christians and Jews tend to be just as sexist as hardcore Muslims. But we have Protestant sects and Reform Judaism that are more equitable. Islam has no such equivalent.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Though I know there was a campaign to "cancel her" for not being deferential or politically correct enough. I can't remember who she pissed off.

• 4 weeks ago

Great answer by Jerry.  I think the thing that's so important about Jerry's answer is that feminism supports such radicals, even when they preach anti-semitism and other hatred.  It says much about feminism today.  

• 4 weeks ago

"Is Linda Sarsour an Islamic Feminist?"

Yes, but not only that ... she is a MAINSTREAM feminist that was at the forefront of both of those feminist marches (deceptively called Women's Marches) in a leadership role.

The feminist acceptance of "intersectionality" is what hijacked the classic "women's advocacy" feminism into cultural Marxism.  So now, today's feminism has the worst elements of radical ideology from the alt-Left as opposed to being an ethical group regarding equality.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes she is.  She was one of the main organizers of the women’s marches and it was largely because of her anti-Semitic statements that many women decided not to march and why many sponsors withdrew their sponsorship and the marches fizzled out.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.