Why do most college students act immature and childish about everything?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Still trying to figure that out

• 3 weeks ago

Because, despite what they think and will tell you about how grown up and mature they are, they are a bunch of kids.

• 3 weeks ago

Why?   They are very young.

• 3 weeks ago

For one thing, brain scans show that the part of the brain responsible for rational decisions isn't fully developed until the early 20s. So many college students still have poor impulse control. For another, they are still be sheltered, and don't necessarily see that there are consequences for their actions- like drinking too much. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Your terminology, "about everything," makes your assumption incorrect.  Rather, they are at a transitional stage in their personality development.  They are comfortable both in the world of teenagers, and the world of adults.  That can indeed lead to some sophomoric behavior on one hand, and serious and thoughtful actions on the other.  

About 10 years ago, I was taking photos at an intercollegiate track meet.   I took a shot of a hurdler, who was wearing on her wrist the then very popular bands (called Crazy Bands, I think?) favored by young teens and children.  Intensely concentrating on her upcoming race, she also wore an engagement ring.  I would hardly have considered her immature and childish.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You must be a college student.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You said it. They are immature. Turning 18, doesn't mean you magically turned into a mature grown person.

At 18 you may be an considered an adult but in reality, you're still a kid. An immature person who is still trying to discover themselves and learn more about this world.

Most people mature at about 25 years of age. Some mature at 10 and others never do.

• 3 weeks ago

It makes you wonder how such stupid idiots get into college! Oh, right! Just ask Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

legal adults but still young, when we are young we usually do stupid things

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.