Do I have to play an instrument to sing in a band?

I’ve been singing for years but I’ve only just worked up the courage to start performing. I want to start or join a band but I don’t play any other instrument. Is it enough if I just sing or would musicians judge me negatively for that?

No, but even if you did have to play an instrument other than your voice, would you want to be in that band for very long? What are your reasons for joining the band? Seems like it's for validation rather than to actually enjoy the experience, not that there's anything wrong with either, although it may get confusing down the track...

• Dformd

No u dont rap groups

Bands have always had singers who do not play an instrument. The voice is also an instrument. It's a wind instrument. There are some who disagree with that idea.

• Tony B

No, singing has nothing to do with playing an instrument.

No, not all singers play instruments.

Yes....... You will be the NEXT SENSATION when you PLAY a HORN and SING at the SAME TIME!......😂😂😂😂

• Arthur8 months agoReport

Ayyy

A lot of vocalists don't play an instrument, most people never notice or care.