Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 3 weeks ago

What is the maximum altitude reached by Deneb?

What is the maximum altitude (to the nearest degree) reached by Deneb

Update:

latitude is 20 h 41 m 25.9 s

Update 2:

Sorry, declination or latitude is +45° 16’ 49”

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

How should I know?  It depends on where on Earth you are.

• 3 weeks ago

Deneb is at a declination of  Dec +45° 16′ 49″.

Its altitude would be the difference of your latitude in degrees.

Another calculation is the difference of YOUR latitude to the celestial plane given time of year. At the moment  this puts the celestial equator about 19 degrees low so Deneb will appear at a lower elevation, the declination relative to true celestial north or polar north to Polaris. How much lower depends on your latitude, it never changes at the north pole.

Your longitude east or west will determine its right ascension and time of year, its visibility when it is the highest.

You live south of 45 degrees S, there is a planet in the way to see it.

There are calculations to convert declination/RA to alt/ azimuth. Some star charts provide that in reference.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on your location on Earth.

It never dips below the horizon at or above 45° north latitude. So if you were at the North Pole, Deneb would appear around 45 degrees altitude.

• Ashkan3 weeks agoReport

viewpoint of an observer at latitude 55° N

• John
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Subscribe to Star and Telescope magazine and the star charts are shown. Why Deneb when I am worried about Sirius? Now they think Planet 9 is baseball sized Black Hole with three times the mass of Earth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I think you meant magnitude

Max magnitude: 1.25

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.