Is there a such thing as a guitar mixed with a piano?

I thought of inventing a piano mixed with a guitar. I did some research but all I could find was a keytar, which isn't a true piano. I'd like to know if there is a such thing as a guitar mixed with a piano.

• steve

Do a search for --

Roland GR-55 Instruments Music Demo ( Part 1. ) 1:5 YouTube

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer "Piano Sounds" YouTube

Roland GR-55 Concert Grand Piano Sound YouTube

Roland GR-55 vs Boss SY-300: What they can and can't do YouTube --- at 9m09sec

or Guitar Synthesizer Piano

It's called a harp.

There was once a guitar that sounded like an organ.  I don't remember what it was called.  There was not much demand for it.  You can find something called a vox on youtube but it's not the same as the guitar-organ I heard once.

• mars

The Yamaha and Alesis Vortex are good Keytars. The Roland Ax-Edge can be programmed for 88 keys.

It depends what you mean by mixed.

If you mean mixing the way they produce their sound then you either have a keyboard instrument that plucks the strings like a guitar - so a harpsichord - or a stringed instrument that produces sound by hammering the strings - so a dulcimer.

Both of those instruments actually predate the piano - by 2000 years or so in the case of the dulcimer.

• Kathy

No, there isn't, and I doubt it can be invented.

There are electronic pianos with guitar instruments programmed in if that helps.