Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 weeks ago

Air Force vs Army Active Duty?

Which is better and why?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Depends on what you want out of life. Most consider the USAF as having a better quality of life while the Army has more variety in job selections. It really comes down to what you want to get out of military service.

• Cee
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on what you're looking for.

• 3 weeks ago

In the USAF there are very few who actually fight. Mainly pilots, who are officers. If you actually want to fight your chances of doing it are far better in the Army.

• 3 weeks ago

If you want a job after the military join the Air Force plus it has the best quality of life while on active duty. We have women, golf carts, chairs, air conditioning, barbeques, did I mention women and drone video games.

If you go army strong you'll be strong all right but you'll be in some fox hole with no AC or gaming PC and you'll be eating MRE's for years on end. Delicious.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Depends on what JOB and TRAINING you want to get. The AF ACTUALLY STRESSES continuing education more then any other branch does. IF you do not take classes in the AF you do not get promoted very much. The AF Treats their members better then the Army as long as you do your job and stay out of trouble. 

I was Army and AF both.. THE AF very rarely depending on your job goes to the field and sleeps in tents etc. THE army Spends a lot of time in the field eating cold, packaged food and sleeping in tents no matter what the weather is.

I actually liked them both but I also had different jobs and different training in both. 

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Compare the two:

Army:  Sleep in Tents.  Crawl Through the Mud,  Eat MRE/s

Air Force.  Sleep in proper beds,  No Mud,  Eat real food

• Daniel
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Pretty sure that I slept in a tent, crawled through mud, and ate MREs many times in the Air Force.  

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Unless you really want to do an "Army job," go Air Force.

The Air Force generally takes better care of its people.  

• TB12
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

My Father, who was career Air Force put it like this,,, in the Air Force you sleep on clean sheets every night, take hot showers every day and eat good food served on plates at a table,

In the Army you'll sleep on cold ground in a leaky tent, go days without a bath and eat cold C-rations from a tin can,

I joined the Army,,,, he was right.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

They're as good as each other because in military operations they depend on each other for accurate enemy displacements.

• 3 weeks ago

Theres a reason they call it the chair force

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.