Charlie asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 weeks ago

Are you against animal testing?

To be honest I think this really depends on what animals are being tested on. If It's a pest like a rat or a mouse then I wouldn't have a problem with it because those are animals that carry diseases and can and will sometimes hurt people. If It's something like a dog or cat then absolutely not because we own those as pets. Yes I get that dogs and cats can carry diseases too but they won't hurt you unless they have something wrong with them. So are you against animal testing?

• patty

I am against it. Test on humans not on Poor defenceless animals

People keep rats and mice as pets. 

I am for animal testing if its for the greater good. Things like shampoos don't need to be tested on animals but if testing on an animal will lead to something like a medical treatment in people then I am all for it. 

• Charlie4 weeks agoReport

Yeah that's true but most people don't keep rats and mice as pets.

• Raven

An animal's "worth" shouldn't be based on how useful they are to humans. All animals feel fear and pain. What gives us the right to use them in such a terrible way?

• Charlie4 weeks agoReport

I'm not saying that mice and rats are useless, I'm saying that these animals are dangerous and will most likely hurt you and/ or give you a disease if they get into your home.

• Maxi

Most people will say yes they are...however the same people use cream on their baby, eye drops, have vaccinations to stop things like measles, use make up, hair dye, shampoo/conditioners, use house cleaning fluids, if ill take prescription medications as in pills, lotions or creams and EXPECT they are safe to use ALL of these things tested on animals so regardless of what people say the reality is the opposite

Basically yes, BUT if I had a disease that might be able to be cured by research involving certain animals (and I class rats and mice as animals!) I might be more inclined to think it's a necessary evil.  I would want any animal to be kept in decent surroundings however.    It's a hard question to answer, one way or the other.

Of course I am......

I have mixed feelings...mice sacrificing their lives probably saved lives but it’s also really wrong 😔this is why I didn’t go into biology because I could test things on animals. It’s so wrong and just as bad as testing things out on humans in my opinion. These mice did save human lives though

Hell yeah. It's an unfair fight. Imagine 40-50 scientist in a room and just one tiny little squirrel, it's an unfair fight, the squirrel is basically being tortured and cant do anything about it. Give the squirrel a gun and see what happens

• 4 weeks agoReport

Nothing, squirrels are not capable of using a gun