Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I would like to email local charities to do volunteer work in HR. Is this email okay?

I am 19, at Uni and I would like to gain experience in HR before I graduate because here in London it’s competitive to get a job in anything. 

I want to do some volunteer work in HR and I want to email my local charities and ask them if they have any HR Assistant volunteer opportunities but I don’t know how to start my email off. Here is one I wrote but please re-write it cos I know it’s not good. Dear Sir/MadamI am writing to enquire about whether you have any volunteer HR Assistant opportunities at ....(e.g. The Princes Trust, British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research etc) and I attach my CV and Cover letter for your consideration.I am studying Business Management and Human Resources at University of [insert uni name] and I’m keen on gaining some practical experience in Human Resources, as this is the field I’m looking to pursue a career in in the future. I am available to work Mondays and Tuesdays from 9am-5pm and I can start from next week if that is possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon, Yours faithfully, [insert my name] 

Two of my cousins did volunteer work in HR before they graduated so I want to do the same. 

It's good except you do not need to put where you'll work.

Just keep it low key.You are volunteering.

You might want to visit the offices to offer your services, rather than spam their e-mails.

Your presence might be more effective.