Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I would like to email local charities to do volunteer work in HR. Is this email okay?

I am 19, at Uni and I would like to gain experience in HR before I graduate because here in London it’s competitive to get a job in anything. 

I want to do some volunteer work in HR and I want to email my local charities and ask them if they have any HR Assistant volunteer opportunities but I don’t know how to start my email off. Here is one I wrote but please re-write it cos I know it’s not good. Dear Sir/MadamI am writing to enquire about whether you have any volunteer HR Assistant opportunities at ....(e.g. The Princes Trust, British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research etc) and I attach my CV and Cover letter for your consideration.I am studying Business Management and Human Resources at University of [insert uni name] and I’m keen on gaining some practical experience in Human Resources, as this is the field I’m looking to pursue a career in in the future. I am available to work Mondays and Tuesdays from 9am-5pm and I can start from next week if that is possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon, Yours faithfully, [insert my name] 

Update:

Two of my cousins did volunteer work in HR before they graduated so I want to do the same. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It's good except you do not need to put where you'll work.

Just keep it low key.You are volunteering.

• 4 weeks ago

You might want to visit the offices to offer your services, rather than spam their e-mails.

Your presence might be more effective.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.