Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

What is the difference between ADD and ADHD? And which one do I have? ?

I am 24, south Asian, live at home with my

Parents who are cousins and married to each other. I have 6 siblings including me and I’m the eldest out of all of them. 3 of my brothers have autism.

I am suffering from depression because I graduated University and even though I live in London I can’t find a well paid job or a low paid job in the area I studied in. 

I hate my life because I’ve not achieved anything.

I don’t have a boyfriend or any friends. 

I work full-time in Hilton Hotel in the Conference and Events department but it’s such exhausting work. I do it because the money is okay and I can choose my hours and work long hours. 

The only good thing I am proud of is that I have £25,000 in savings.

I am always daydreaming..I try so hard to get 9 hours sleep, exercise, meditate and eat healthy but my mind keeps wondering and I keep daydreaming about stupid, random stuff, I smile to myself when I remember something funny and I can’t shut my brain off even though I try so hard to concentrate. I just can’t do it. 

I feel exhausted all the time and I can’t be bothered with anything besides lying in my bed watching stuff on my phone. 

I can’t concentrate and my memory is terrible too. 

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I get scared that I’m turning 25 soon and I haven’t done anything with my life. 

Sometimes I am get anxious and nervous around people who are well spoken, confident and done well in life. Why is that?

"ADD" is the old term and has largely been replaced by "ADHD". Dare I say it, living in one of the most expensive cities in the world probably isn't helping you. So maybe consider moving to some other part of the UK where you may have more opportunities.