Opinion about Australia and Aussie people?

What do you think about Australia?

ing speakers of the century, F D Roosevelt, would have got nowhere today. There would have been no hiding that wheelchair; to say nothing of the lovers and the many endearing and human peccadillos. 

Welcome to the world in which the new media nurtures new forms of boredom. The speaker who is bereft without his slides. The lecturer who always puts her transparencies upside down. The obdurate laptop that brings every international conference to a grinding halt because it simply refuses to deliver the visuals designed to add dazzle and glitz to a speaker who, left alone, would commit every one of the foregoing sins.

10. Boring peoples' rights

In all probability, as the Human Genome Project unfolds, it will be found that boredom is genetic. People simply cannot help it. Indeed, the gene probably manifests itself in two types: borers and borees. Almost certainly the crucial genes are found on the Y chromosome. Certainly, in my experience, they manifest themselves most commonly in the males of the species.

Some of those who yawn and fall asleep are not even reacting to one's cultivated witticisms and entrancing thoughts. They are simply physiological victims of sleep apnoea. All they need is to attach themselves to a machine. If they do not snore at night, they will not sleep through public addresses. Pity them. They are victims. 

As for bores themselves, I can describe quite precisely the identikit of the typical exema.

I live in Indonesia, particularly in a place with many Australians. My impression of the earlier generation immigrants (Late 90s to late 2000s) is quite different from the more recent ones. The more recent immigrants seem to be more aware of Asian culture and are more likely to adapt better, whereas the older gen immigrants tend to be more stubborn and less willing to adapt with local culture. They're friendly and have a great sense of humor.

I've met many Australian tourists in Asia and Europe and it appears they tend to look down at Asians and can be quite disrespectful to Asians when they're in a Western country. Not all of them are like this ofcourse, but many of them are. I once saw a group of Aussie men cutting the line of Asians when I was in France. Then, with their entitled-looking face, they just ignored the Asians who were complaining.

In Bali, there used to be a lot of obnoxious Aussies at Kuta and I had many bad experiences with them. I went to Kuta again a few years ago and the Australian tourists seem to be much better behaved compared to years before. 

I also don't like their habit of saying "In the West" even though it might only refer to something that's specific to Australia. What makes they think Australia represents the Western world ? 

Australians like to complain and their ability to adapt to foreign culture is very poor. They expect people to follow their way instead of the other way around despite living in a foreign land.

Even more annoying are the Asian-Australians. These people feel superior to their Asian counterparts because they've been Westernized. They are very disrespectful when visiting Asian countries. When I was in a Japan, a group of Asian Aussies were delaying the bus driver because they were expecting the bus driver to understand English. During the trip, they were talking extremely loud with their Aussie accent and they were making fun of the passengers. They like to mention how better the West is compared to Asia and they like to pretend to be ignorant of Asian culture. But ofcourse, not all of them are like this.

• amy

I love austalia but it does have problems though that just get ignored and have been ignored for a long time. Aussies........ Well while i treat people on an individual basis. in general to be honest I like immigrants and children of immigrants the rest can go **** themselves.

Just a bunch of Sinophobic offshore prisoners 

I like their songs

Too many bludgers like Grubbie.

I wish I could live there.

• Lôn

They're good at Rugby Union, and great at Rugby League. We in Wales have a friendly rivalry with the Aussies .

• Lôn

The size of the World Cup audiences show that you are talking through your árse Sheila! You're only saying that because your team lost.
      No-one outside Aus plays Aussie rules .What the hell are afl and vfl anyhow?

Dangerous, nearly empty but the cities, lots of drinking and love the accents but I feel bad that they're all upside down.

The land is beautiful, most of the people suck though 

I’ve lived here my whole life and never left the country so does that mean I haven’t met anybody ?

Source(s): Australian citizen