Princess asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Healthy way to cure hiccups?

When i eat food, about 20 to 30 minutes later i get the hiccups and sometimes if i wait they go away but most of the time i am too impatient so i make myself throw up. when i make myself throw up the hiccups stop so i think i may be over-eating but i dont know. Any help or healthier ideas?

Hold your breath

There are SOOOO many ways to "cure" hiccups.  You need to google it and then start trying until you find the one that works for you.

I have never seen what works for me listed among the cures online - so I will tell you what works for me.  It is easy to do.

Get a glass of water - take a drink - breath in - take a drink - breath out - take a drink - breath in - take a drink - breath out.  

It usually only takes three or four drinks of water with alternating breathing in then out to stop my hiccups.  The "drink" of water can even be just a tiny sip.  It can also be almost any other liquid too as long as it is NOT carbonated.  (so tea, coffee, milk, or juice all work also)

I have also heard that eating a teaspoon of peanut butter stops hiccups - but I never tried that one.