Princess asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Healthy way to cure hiccups?

When i eat food, about 20 to 30 minutes later i get the hiccups and sometimes if i wait they go away but most of the time i am too impatient so i make myself throw up. when i make myself throw up the hiccups stop so i think i may be over-eating but i dont know. Any help or healthier ideas?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Hold your breath

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There are SOOOO many ways to "cure" hiccups.  You need to google it and then start trying until you find the one that works for you.

I have never seen what works for me listed among the cures online - so I will tell you what works for me.  It is easy to do.

Get a glass of water - take a drink - breath in - take a drink - breath out - take a drink - breath in - take a drink - breath out.  

It usually only takes three or four drinks of water with alternating breathing in then out to stop my hiccups.  The "drink" of water can even be just a tiny sip.  It can also be almost any other liquid too as long as it is NOT carbonated.  (so tea, coffee, milk, or juice all work also)

I have also heard that eating a teaspoon of peanut butter stops hiccups - but I never tried that one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.