Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

Has the population of the LGBTQ community grown at all in recent years percentage wise? ?

Last I heard the LGBTQ community made up about 10% of the human population. Nowadays I think it must be at least 25% if not a little more .i actually support the lgb community, but it seems to be getting out of hand. It seems everyone is coming out nowadays especially as trans 

To clarify, I actually only really support the lgb community, t's (transgenders) can be exiled to a deserted island for all I care. I'm just a curious bisexual young man. I really want to know how much we've grown. TBH I wouldn't really be surprised if the entire world turned out to be bisexual or "pansexual" 

• Who

nope - just that the number of people "coming out" has increased

the %age hasnt changed

and you heard wrong- its a lot less than even 10%

(and to clarify- I think you are not being truthful either )

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

• don

Sure.....it gets bigger every time you add more letters to include more disgruntled liberals.

More like 0.1%. Of course, it you believe that activists, it is closer to 90%.

And where did you get your numbers?

Wrong category and its nowhere near 10%. Its an aberration. A mutation.

Well when it comes to trans, there are two groups. Transgender, a person who actually is trans and have or are going through the process of transitioning to the opposite sex. Then you have trans-trenders, people who aren't transitioning but instead look like someone hit random in a character customization screen. Say their this or that made up gender then claim to be trans but they aren't. 

You might 'think' there percentage has increased, but statistical analysis is not based on your thoughts. It is based on fact. The people who are coming out as gay or trans now wouldn't have been counted as part of that 10% 30 years ago, because they would have likely been hiding who they are. If you really supported them, it wouldn't matter if it was 10, 25, or 50% of the population who was identified as LGBT. Who cares? It would only matter to you if you didn't actually support them 

If you supported the LGBT+ community, then you wouldn't think it was out of hand that more people are identified with it. The tone of your question doesn't indicate you support them. If there is a reason it seems that more people are identified as LGBT, it is likely because the world is more accepting, there are no longer laws which put them in jail or psychiatric hospitals, meaning they can come out be themselves. These people were always there, 20, 30, 40 years ago, but you wouldn't have known it and statistical studies wouldn't have shown it because fewer people identified themselves in that way and were forced to be closeted. If you genuinely supported them, you would be happy that they now live in a world where they can be themselves.