Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Is Eastern Orthodox the most misogynistic religion after Islam?

Eastern Orthodox Christianity believes that women should stay at home and be a slave to their husbands. Due to this, there is rampant sexism in Eastern Europe. Eastern Orthodox only tells women to be a pushover and treats them as a sex object. This sect of christianity seems to be harmful for women.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kin
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I am sorry, you are highly mistaken. Islam is NOT misogynistic. Whatever beliefs and assumptions you have about Islam and Islamic women are wrong. All wrong. And women are no slaves to anyone except God. We are all the slaves of God regardless. Islam is for men and women and Allah guides whomever He wants to His truthful religion and light of guidance. 

• Kin
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

You are very wrong about Islam and have lied about Islam by attaching it to that terminology that doesn't exist in Islam and you have misconceptions about Allah's commands, Allah's religion. And I see your changed your terrorist username to now referring to a serial killer?

• 4 weeks ago

"Eastern Orthodox Christianity believes that women should stay at home and be a slave to their husbands."   Do you always lie like that, Tink?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

CHRISTIANITY and the Bible not just one denomination!!!!!!!!!!!

God created man in his own image = Adam.

Adam got lonely and asked for a companion. God took his rib and made woman = Eve.

But in whose image she was made!

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow, thou shalt bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22 - 24:

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Corinthians 14:34-35.

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

• 4 weeks ago

Along with catholics in general  and the J.w.s....Yes imho

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. The most misogynistic religion, even above islam, that would be your religion. You're debauching women to pose nude in commercials and act as sexualized objects in song clips.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Children should be raised by their parents (though I do know all parents aren't great parenting material). Many young children are being shoved off on the school system, and the teachers are expecting the parents to be teaching their kids, and the parents have the illusion that the schools are equipping their child to be more well-rounded than what they actually end up being. Staying at home is really a luxury for many couples, a luxury which most people can't afford these days, as they need the dual income. If you are going to claim a group mistreats women, being a cared-for house wife wouldn't be a great example. Eastern Orthodox is still a cult despite this though. Islam is still the worst of all, I think.

According to a Malaysian cleric, a Muslim woman has “no right” to reject her husband's command to her to have sex with him on a camel. Seriously just Google search this. While women, Jews, and blacks have historically received a lot of ill treatment -- I can't think of anything that is worse for women than Islam. Women are literally a piece of meat without power, rights...etc... 

• Juli
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Let me introduce you to the jehovah's witnesses.

Nobody does misogyny like that cult.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.