Abraham asked in SportsWrestling · 4 weeks ago

Is it possible to make a living in the independent circuit?

I’m about to start training in a pro wrestling school this January and I know that making it into the WWE or AEW dosent happen overnight, but while I’m working towards that goal, I still want to make a decent amount of money by wrestling in the indies. I honestly don’t wanna work a typical 9-5 while I’m waiting for a huge organization to contact me, I just wanna make money by what I have a passion for, which is professional wrestling 

• Candle
    Favorite Answer

You wont make any money on the indies your first year in, and there's a good chance, depending on how good you are and how surrounded you are by options or willing to travel to wrestle and other variables, that you probably wont make a solid living off of it when you do start making money.  Promoters pay wrestlers that are trained and can draw a crowd, and it'll probably take at least a year and a half before you are appealing in any way shape or form to a promoter, and even more time to squeeze a dime out of them.  Independent wrestling can be financially sustaining, but it doesn't happen over night.  I don't care if you look like The Rock, talk like Piper, and wrestle like Flair, if nobody knows who you are or how good you are then they wont pay to book you.

Independent wrestling will not make you rich, but again, in time if you put in the work and wrestle enough days a week for a lucrative pay, it can be sustainable.  There's a reason you don't hear about millionaire wrestlers or billionaire promoters.  Unless you're wrestling or running wrestling on a certain level, odds are you're lucky to even break even on what you invest in it.  So yeah, don't quit your day job just yet.

No, I don't think it's possible.

Yes so long as you aren't looking for a stable living. And I hope you don't mind ramen and possibly sometimes nothing.