Best things to do in New York? ?

Hi! I’m staying on west 47th street in March for 6 days with my fiancé! We met in musical theatre so we want to see a show and I bought the go New York pass. I’m not much of a museum person but This is a dream vacation and I want to do it right!! 

• MS

It's really so hard to say, because there is SO much to do in NYC and everyone has different preferences.  Definitely see a show or two.  There are tourist sites, such as the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, South Street Seaport, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Plaza, etc.  There are great parks - Central Park is the most famous (and has the zoo), but Washington Square Park is also nice and less touristy.  Times Square is worth seeing, but it's definitely a huge tourist trap.  There is great shopping.  You can visit one of the observation decks - Top of the Rock is my favorite, but you can also go up in the Empire State Building and new World Trade Center building. I like exploring in Soho and the Village - lot of local places and a more laid-back feel.

• mokrie

Find out if there are any shows down town at off Broadway theaters. You can buy a copy of the Village Voice or the paper that is all about what to do in NYC. The off broadway shows are sometimes MUCH better then the Broadway shows. Theaters are tiny and intimate and the talent can actually be better. There used to be a circus downtown that was more like Circ de solis in nature that was great. Ask at the hotel desk if they could help you get information on downtown.

• Mike

He will have a hard time finding a Village Voice which stopped printing a couple of years ago.

XWKOKWOXKXXKOKOXXWXXW