Jay asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

Is it against any laws to message people's family with unwanted information about people?

My girlfriend's ex boyfriend messaged a bunch of my family and told them she cheated on me. She did, but it's no one's business and I forgave her. Is there anything I can do about it? As far as I know there's no laws forbidding anything like that, but it really pissed me off and now my family is bothering me about it.

Unless it's ongoing that isn't really harassment, so no.

• martin

This is an invasion of privacy and an intentional infliction of emotional distress on you. Both of those things are serious enough to establish a lawsuit for money damages, but you have to prove some injury.

• Jay8 months agoReport

He wouldn't pay anyway, he's broke

I think maybe you should go slash his tires and punch him in the face repeatedly. But make sure you wear a disguise so he doesn’t know it’s you. Good luck.

How would the ex know about it? No, it’s not their business. I would tell him to **** off. I don’t think that’s a crime as far as I know

• STEVEN F

The person that sent the messages was DIRECTLY involved in the cheating.