What to do after being hit by a car?

My husband was hit by a car at work. (Missouri)..

It was in their parking lot. He was very confused after the fact as he hit his head and adrenaline caused him to not feel much pain due to injuries sustained. We went to the ER, covered by workers comp, and he has muscle sprains all over and a knee injury. 

His work told the driver that he was good to go, and the driver left, and my husband was unable to file a police report. Is there anything that can be done at this point? 


This happened around 8:30 this morning and the person that hit him is from out of state, as he works at a resort. 

5 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    If this parking lot has some kind of surveillance cameras that would probably be the place to start.

  • 4 weeks ago

    As far as I know, the driver has to give his name and details to your husband, or he can be charged with hit and run. Your husband needs to file a police report so the police can find the driver. 

    Your husband will probably need to sue the driver.

  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Yes, file a police report. The employer told him he could go, the employer doesn't have that authority.

  • .
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Well, you know you're supposed to file a police report and get the other driver's insurance information.  Now you need to hope their were cameras around or witnesses, so you can track down the man who hit your husband.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

    Hit it back then yell a few times

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.