How do I get a loan/overdraft at 17?

I am a 17 y/o who is looking to borrow money between now and January, borrowing no more than £300. I am a US citizen, now a UK resident, and my own legal guardian, so hopefully that expands my options.

4 Answers

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    You have to be 18 to sign a contract that is legal and binding, so regardless of what nationality you are or where you are legally resident you are not 18 so have no legal options, let alone 'expanded options'

  • 9 months ago

    Minors can't be legally bound to repay. For that reason, no one will lend to them without a cosigner that CAN be legally obligated to pay.

    Note: NO ONE is their own legal guardian. Legal adults that have not been declared legally incompetent don't HAVE legal guardians and NO ONE that does can be a legal guardian.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    You need a fake id and then pawnable assets.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago


    credit union

    family or friends

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.