Champs asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

question for men : if you were the father of a 14-year-old boy and had to give him advice would you tell him to stay away from adult sites?

Favorite Answer

It really depends on what those sites are specifically and the maturity of my son.

I mean... when I was his age, my friends and I would sneak around looking at magazines and stuff. We'd find them or someone would take one of their old mans.

We'd have a pile of em.

I'd imagine for today's 14yr olds visiting some sites is kinda like the same thing.

The trouble is, a lot of what is out there is just over the top... it ain't like looking at a playboy anymore.

So if he actually exercised some restraint and didn't look at anything too hard core, I might turn my head while keeping an eye on it.

But don't think for one minute that I wouldn't block it ALL in a heart beat if he was diving in too deep and/or too much.

And then we'd sit down (or stand, doesn't matter) and have a nice chat about the world.

• shroud

I would tell him not to go to those site BUT, I know at that age I would not have listened, so I would try to get him to understand that those videos are not what real life and real sex is like, also that the real girls/women he dates will have flaws just like he will, and  they will not all be perfect like on those sites

• Champs4 weeks agoReport

If he knows about all that stuff, he wont have problems with unrealistic visions in the future,right ?

• Mark

I'd show him the type of sites that are 'okay' and the ones to avoid.

Saying NO, is giving instant permission to do just that. Why? Bc it's "forbidden" fruit.

• Champs4 weeks agoReport

what is an "okay" site in this situation ?

• Jerry

Yes. Those sites give everyone a warped view of what real world, loving sex is all about. There's no lovemaking there, it's all f**cking.

Good luck with that.

• balan

That is best advice to give him.He may be permitted to watch them after about 16 years that too once a while only and not as a routine habit.Regards.